Tuesday 2 June 2009

Progress At Last!

I am finally getting to where I wanted to be a few years ago. I have finally got my characters to be people! VK is now the good girl who turns bad, rather than the b***h of the book. She has a past tragedy and she moved on but it comes back to haunt her. That's the plan anyway, but I'm concentrating on writing it in order as I did that wrong a while ago. I tried backwards writing a few weeks ago, also not good. I now have a better plan layout and notebook specifically for this, so I'm not getting my pages in a muddle anymore!
I got up to Chapter three in my second draft this afternoon, and if I do say so myself it's goood! It's set over three weeks of the investigation into a robbery and the resulting gang warfare as the two main gangs fight it out. She gets caught up in it as her family is victimised. It all gets a little hairy but it'll be awesome when it's done.
I'll be getting it published at some point so that'll be a big triumph for me, up there with marrying matt and having our children. It'll mean I'm not just some waste of space that can't achieve anything. I can do anything I want and this is what I want. There will be more from me, in this series and others. That's how I roll.

2 comments: